SHARE YOUR STORY
SPEAK AT #TNW2019
We set the bar high. Last year alone, our speakers included Kevin Kelly (CEO of Wired), Ray Chan (CEO of 9GAG), and Jason Silva (TV host of Brain Games). They all delivered powerful talks on emerging trends in technology and provided new perspectives and takeaways.
If you think you can deliver the same, we want to hear from you.
THE SPEAKER GUIDE
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
Before you read on, you should know that we’re doing things a bit differently. As a tech community we see the value in asking our speakers to reach out to their community and help us bring awesome speakers on stage. In order to apply as a speaker, we ask you to come as a package deal.
As part of your application we suggest that you think carefully about who you’re going to recruit. Where this is a c-level executive, or founder that you’d like to join you in your discussion on stage, to host a roundtable or if they’re good enough to give a solo presentation.
We suggest that you collaborate with your recruit before submitting your application!
Alright, let’s get down to the details.
1. Who should I recruit?
We’re interested in the following groups of people:
- Industry leaders
- Visionary Futurists
- C-level executives
- Seasoned moderators or interviewers
BTW, you can recruit up to 3 other people! Go wild.
2. What’s the story you want to tell?
We’re mainly interested in an engaging story. When writing your application, think about why your story matters, the value it provides the audience, and how your story will be remembered. Consider your end goal – is it to inspire, motivate, or raise awareness? (If your goal is to promote a product or deliver a sales pitch, we’re not interested).
Make sure that your content fits into one of our tracks. Pay close attention to your title. First impressions matter, and you want to ensure that it stands out from the crowd. It should be engaging and present a clear idea or message.
Overall, your session should be inspirational, actionable, and educational.
3. What format fits this story best?
You can present your story in several different ways, have a look below to give you an idea of what format is best to communicate this story, and what you’re most comfortable with. We’ll take this into consideration when programming the agenda.
4. Would you like to host a Roundtable?
Host your own focus groups via an intimate table conversation with other leaders in the industry. This is the best way to network and talk with your guests about the trends and topics on your organization's mind. There is no better way to hear from your audience or work with them.
- Mini Lecture: Call it how you will: a crash course, a 101 with an industry expert or a mini-lecture.
- Debate Club: Dive deeper into a topic with like-minded professionals, building upon each other’s expertise. Your job is to introduce the topics, get the conversation going and make sure everyone at the table gets a say.
5. When can I submit?
Right now! Go for it. We’ll close submissions on Feb 14th 2019, and we’ll be reviewing on a rolling basis. Just make sure to read the fine print before submitting:
The fine print
- All speakers receive a +1 ticket to the event
- There is no charge to speak
- If you’re unable to pay for your flights and accommodation, please ask us about our speaker compensation package.
- Content has to be original, new, or adjusted for this event.
- Each session can have a maximum of one person per organization (we like collaborations and different views)
- Successful proposals are chosen based on the proposed idea and speakers suggested. Changes in subject or speakers have to go through the content team and may lead to session deletion.
- Spaces are limited and some proposals may be offered a slot in a different format or stage than originally applied for.
- Once offers are accepted, speakers and session content confirmed, we will announce the speakers on the website.
OK, I’m ready!
Cool, we can’t wait to read your application.
We'll send you updates about TNW2019 and let you know as soon as tickets go on sale.
We'll send you updates about TNW Conference and let you know as soon as tickets go on sale.