Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
With Monday now in full swing and that weekend of distraction away from your desk now a fading memory, it’s easy to sit and wallow about how quickly it passed you by.
Instead of doing that though, why not catch up on everything you missed out on in tech land while you were out doing other things.
All you need to do is make yourself a coffee, clear 15 minutes in your schedule and peruse the items below at your leisure.
News from The Next Web over the weekend
- Amazon opens up Alexa voice technology: Army of third-party devices incoming
- You can now reserve (but not pay for) the ‘liquid-metal’ Turing Phone
- Photokeys for iOS lets you create custom keyboard themes from your photos
- Frontback lives! The dual-camera selfie app won’t be closing but the founders are leaving
- Nokia’s HERE maps sold for $3 billion to Audi, BMW and Mercedes
Features, distractions, good reads and deals
- Zoolander 2 trailer: The real star is a 31-year-old synthesizer
- Can tech help overcome addiction?
- 5 books to help you make better decisions
- Cringe-worthy tech habits (and how to fix them)
- How to master your fear of failure
- 21 of the best new and updated iOS apps from July
- 17 of the best new and updated Android apps from July
- This isn’t clickbait: You shouldn’t hate BuzzFeed but should think more about the media
- Why the Beatles are letting down a generation
- Can technology design conquer the physical-digital divide? NewDealDesign’s Gadi Amit thinks it will — it has to
- Pay what you want for this game developer training bundle
- How the W3C is trying to standardize payments on the internet
- Here’s the one thing everyone learning to code should do, no matter what
- Mark Zuckerberg’s year of books: Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- EVE helps you learn your Mac’s hotkeys as you work, for a price
- How to use the IKEA effect in your business
- What does the future of work look like?
- Vine’s toxic culture will take a lot more than 6.5 seconds to fix
From beyond The Next Web
- How Google quietly revved up its very own car company [The Guardian]
- The smartphone is the new sun [Benedict Evans]
- Virtual Reality Isn’t Just About Games [The Wall Street Journal]
- Why Some Start-Ups Are Called Tech Companies and Others Are Not [The New York Times]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.