As you may remember, PS10 is organized by the Latin America-focused tech news website Pulso Social. During two weeks, its readers had the opportunity to support their favorite participant, and the startups which received the most votes were Prolancer, Backpacker, LedFace (see our review), Fanwards and Helpin.
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
However, the final decision belonged to a professional jury, whose selection ended up being quite different from popular vote. Here’s its list, in that order:
- Everwrite (Brazil) which helps publishers adapt their content to user demand and has recently won RBS Prize for Entrepreneurship and Innovation;
- Babelverse (Chile) which provides real-time on-demand interpretation, powered by a global community of human interpreters. It has recently won the third place in LeWeb’s Startup Competition;
- Clerk (Chile), a management tool for independent hotels;
- Arcaris (Chile) which gamifies call centers (see our previous story);
- OmbúShop (Argentina), a DIY online store platform;
- Kidbox (Uruguay) which creates a safe browsing environment for kids. It is also the winner of Red Innova’s latest Startup Competition;
- Hadza (Chile);
- Aivo-Agentbot (Argentina), a virtual customer service;
- Shopperception (Argentina) which uses Kinect to track shoppers’ interactions at point of sale;
- NuFlick (Mexico), a distribution platform for independent filmmakers. Born during Mexico City’s Startup Weekend, it is backed by the Silicon Valley seed fund Mexican.VC.
EverWrite, pitching investors in NYC
For EverWrite, the only Brazilian startup on the list, taking the first place also means its co-founders won a trip to NYC, where they will pitch their project to investors during a closed event hosted by Quotidian Ventures on Feb. 2nd.
As you can imagine, the startup’s team is thrilled – not only for its own prospects, but also because of what it means for the region. Says EverWrite’s co-founder Diego Gomes:
“We are working hard to create a great company, so we’re really proud of being among this selected group of startups. Also, we love to see the Latin American startup scene thriving. Now we really have a great moment for Latin American startups, and many big players, investors and media companies are looking at us with good eyes.”
The benefits for EverWrite go beyond the trip and the connections it will make; the team also won a special one-year pass from BlueVia, and will be able to access any of its partering co-working spaces around the world.
Is your favorite Latin American startup on the shortlist? Let us know in the comments.