Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
Whether you’re keenly jumping feet-first into your Monday morning, or bemoaning the passing of another weekend with Christmas just four weeks and four days away, you’ve come to the right place to check out the best of this weekend’s tech news.
All you need to do is make yourself a drink, put your feet up and spend 15 minutes catching up on everything you missed while you were offline having fun.
You can thank us later.
News from The Next Web over the weekend
- This 2-person synth-sampler combo is the ultimate instrument for DJs
- Google can remotely bypass the passcode of at least 74% of Android devices if ordered
- NASA calls on SpaceX to deliver crew, cargo to ISS in 2017
- Google now handles 2 million takedown requests over pirated content daily
- EverythingMe Launcher is shutting down
- Extortionists are threatening Patreon users: ‘Pay up or we’ll release your user data’
- Shots fired! Yahoo fires opening salvo in battle to end ad-blocking
- Mark Zuckerberg elects to take paternity leave upon birth of daughter
- Rdio subscribers will be transferred to free accounts starting November 23
Good reads, reviews, deals, features and more
- Government proves once again that it’s disconnected from reality in encryption debate
- 7 ways to nurture creativity
- The internet is in crisis
- In the battle against ad-blockers, there’s a third solution
- Foolproof green thumb: Smart Herb Garden Starter Kit & 3-pack refill now 24% off
- 3 scientific ways to prevent awkward conversations
- Why creativity should not be measured
- Everything you wanted to know about creating a $300k course
- Build a successful future with Lean Six Sigma Project Management Certifications
- This week in patents (November 16-20)
- How to hack your passion
- Over $500 worth of Android coding courses: Pay What You Want
From beyond The Next Web
- For addicts, fantasy sites can lead to ruinous path [The New York Times]
- Jawbone lays off 15% of employees amid heated rivalry in wearables [The Wall Street Journal]
- The Mac App Store: Not gone, but certainly forgotten [MacWorld]
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.