While the world wound down a little for the holiday season and you endured/enjoyed a Christmas day surrounded by your nearest and dearest, it was easy to feel your tech FOMO grow.
At least, it was for me. Luckily for you though, we’re always paying attention.
A new era of tech events has begun
We’re back in New York this November for the 4th edition of our growth-focused technology event.
All you need to do is ease yourself into the hinterland between Christmas and New Year by catching up on everything you missed in this one handy list.
News from The Next Web
- Android’s ‘do not disturb’ alarm feature is missing again
- Snapdrop is a handy Web-based replacement for Apple’s fiddly AirDrop file transfer tool
- Report: Microsoft is delaying the Surface Hub and giving it a $2,000 price hike
- PSA: If you got a drone for Christmas, it probably needs to be registered with the FAA
- Lebron James and Oculus team up for new behind the scenes VR film
- Steam says everything is fine following Christmas Day security issue
- The ArcaBoard is a hoverboard that actually hovers over any surface
Features, reviews, long reads, deals, distractions and more
- The good, the bad and the ugly of tech in 2015
- 17 great Twitch channels to follow so you can melt your eyeballs on video games
- 10 web design trends that ruled 2015
- Pick up this comprehensive project management training bundle for only $39
- The best and most upvoted Product Hunts of 2015
- Editors’ Choice: TNW’s favorite apps of the year
- The force is strong with these Star Wars inspired patents
- 5 ways social media helps your business create exceptional customer service
- The future of motion in UX design
- Ace the Amazon Web Services Certification Exams for just $29
- The best Twitter tech spats of 2015
- Challenge yourself to do something new for 30 days
- 5 of the best interaction design trends of 2015
- How to find the best VPN for your needs
- Employee evaluations: How much has really changed in the last 100 years?
From beyond TNW
- Inside North Korea’s Totalitarian Operating System [Motherboard | Vice]
- The Tax Sleuth Who Took Down a Drug Lord [The New York Times]
- Turkish banks and government sites under ‘intense’ attacks on Christmas holidays [RT.com]
- Culture shock – Samsung’s mobile woes rooted in hardware legacy [Reuters]