Palm/HP has released a beta version of the webOS 2.0 SDK, as well as APIs and a look at a few interface features.
Due out later this year, webOS 2.0, will, according to PreCentral, include these new/improved/re-branded features (as well as most likely many more):
- Palm’s multitasking ‘card’ metaphor is getting a refresh with Stacks
- Universal Search is getting majorly beefed up with ‘Quick Actions,’ will be opened to developers, and rebranded as Just Type
- Apps can have custom Touchstone at-a-glance views with Exhibition
- Synergy is opening up to developers
- Hybrid PDK/SDK apps will be fully supported