Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
Nothing happens in the world of tech at weekends, right? Wrong! However, that’s no reason for you to have to stay indoors the whole time waiting for it to happen.
Read on to check out all the tech headlines from over the past two days.
News from over the weekend at The Next Web:
- Windows 8 Now Up To 7.41% Market Share, Windows 7 Still King
- LG Announces The G Pad, An 8.3″ Android Jelly Bean Powered Tablet
- The NSA Reportedly Hacked Al Jazeera’s Communications
- Google-Owned Panoramio Gets a New Design
- Storify Now Supports Google+ Authorship and Facebook Pages
- Google Project Loon Explains Smart Balloon Flocking
- NYT Adds Cross-Platform Support to Its Personalized Recommendation
- Target Reportedly Close to Releasing Online Video Service
- Twitter Amplify Signs Its First Video Partnership in Europe
- What to Write About on your Startup’s Blog
- Why Sales is Going Inbound
- 9 Israeli Startups Ready to Rock the Advertising World
- Niche Networks: Why Zapnito Wants to Quieten the Web
- What if Apple’s iWatch is a TV?
- 25 Mbps Broadband Speeds by 2019: Stupidest Policy Ever?
News from beyond The Next Web:
- Record Labels Ask Broadband Providers to Collect Data on Illegal Downloads [Guardian]
- NSA Can’t Trust ‘brilliant’ People, Will Replace Sysadmins with Computer Programs [PrivacySOS]
- A Data Broker Offers a Peek Behind the Curtain [The New York Times]
Featured Image Credit – Thinkstock
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.