Martin SFP BryantFounder
Martin Bryant is founder of Big Revolution, where he helps tech companies refine their proposition and positioning, and develops high-qualit Martin Bryant is founder of Big Revolution, where he helps tech companies refine their proposition and positioning, and develops high-quality, compelling content for them. He previously served in several roles at TNW, including Editor-in-Chief. He left the company in April 2016 for pastures new.
As we begin another week, it’s worth taking a few minutes to look back at the weekend, especially if you spent it largely away from the Internet.
With Mobile World Congress press conferences taking place yesterday, it was particularly busy on the news front. Here’s what you missed, including good reads from The Next Web and beyond.
Mobile World Congress: Sunday
- Huawei launches the Ascend P2, a new 4.7-inch quad-core Android smartphone running Jelly Bean 4.1
- Hands-on with Huawei’s new Android flagship: the Ascend P2
- Mozilla expands Firefox OS reach with new LG, Huawei partnerships, coming to 17 global carriers in mid-2013 launch
- Hands-on with Firefox OS: ZTE Open and Alcatel One Touch Fire
- HP dives into Android with new Slate 7 Jelly Bean tablet, coming to the US this April for $169
Other news from the weekend
- Stop copying Silicon Valley, Kenya warned
- Uber officially launches in Singapore after four weeks of testing in its first Asian city
- Recently hacked, here’s Microsoft’s statement on pending cybersecurity legislation
- 500px bemoans Twitter link blockade, claims auto-generated citations about malware and spam are false [Update: Fixed!]
- Continuing the cybersecurity drumbeat, malware is said to have ‘incapacitated’ oil rig computer systems
- Seesaw for iPhone now displays featured users, timelines, and offers search by user and hashtag
- Synage Software’s Brightpod, a collaboration app for digital marketers, readies for launch
- Microsoft to launch its Surface RT tablet in Japan, report indicates
- Instashare is like AirDrop for iOS, launches on the iPad to make local file sharing painless
- The Asian Art Museum in SF unveils new augmented reality app for its Terracotta Warriors exhibit
- 4 tips for startup success if you’re not based in a major tech market
- Tim Ferriss predicts a “nuclear winter” for startup angel investment, but he isn’t worried
- How prequalifying your potential clients could save you time
- You are who you say you are – building a brand identity part II
Interesting stories from beyond The Next Web
- Falcon Pro Hits 100K User Token Limit – Another Twitter Client Bites The Dust [Android Police]
- How “Golden Eagle Snatches Kid” Ruled The Internet [BuzzFeed]
- Hail Corporate: The Increasingly Insufferable Fakery of Brands on Reddit [BetaBeat]
- The Incredible Rise and Fall of a Hacker Who Found the Secrets of the Next Xbox and PlayStation—And Maybe More [Kotaku]
Image credit: Thinkstock
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.