Another Amazon Prime Day has come and gone and while the company did step up the sales this time around, it seems the best deals were still some basic household stuff.
Amazon today released data from Prime Day 2016 calling it its “biggest day ever” for the company, and aside from the obvious uptick in sales of Amazon-branded items like the Fire TV, Kindle, and Dash Buttons, customers globally scored hot deals on memory sticks, electric toothbrushes, and ‘Kung Fu Panda 3.’
Win a trip to Amsterdam!
We've teamed up with Product Hunt to offer you the chance to win an all expense paid trip to TNW Conference 2017!
Some highlights from US sales, according to the company:
- Members purchased over 215,000 Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cookers.
- Members purchased over 200,000 headphones.
- Members purchased over 24,000 Double Hammocks by Vivere.
- Members purchased over 23,000 iRobot Roomba 614 Vacuum Cleaning Robots.
- Members purchased over 14,000 Lenovo laptops.
- Top three Prime Day deal titles purchased or rented were: Deadpool, Kung Fu Panda 3 and 13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi.
Around the world, these were the best-selling items by country:
- U.S.: Instant Pot 7-in-1 Multi-Functional Pressure Cooker
- UK: Oral-B Pro 6000 CrossAction Electric Toothbrush with Bluetooth Connectivity and Smart Series
- Spain: SanDisk USB memory stick
- Japan: Calbee Breakfast Cereal 800 grams
- Italy: Lexar JumpDrive
- Germany and Austria: Tefal Jamie Oliver Frying Pan
- France and Belgium: Game of Thrones DVD – season 1 to 4
- Canada: Sennheiser HD 598 Special-Edition Over-Ear Headphones
While it’s not as junky as 2015’s inaugural Prime Day, it seems that no matter how good the deals are on the bigger ticket items, the best selling stuff will still be the household basics you were planning to buy no matter what. Which is probably better than spending money on a gadget you likely didn’t need, but bought just because it was a little cheaper for a day.