With the year zipping by at a healthy clip already, it’s easy to get caught up in the little things in life that suck all your time. Like work, chores, having fun, looking after your kids, painting the fence and everything else that a weekend throws up.
And while they all have their own virtues, it does mean that if you spend your weekend doing those things, you’ll miss out on the latest and greatest in tech news – that’s where we come in.
New York, are you ready?
We’re building Momentum: an all killer, no filler event this November.
Here you’ve got all the best stories from over the weekend in one handy list. All you need to do is make yourself a coffee and clear 15 minutes in your schedule to catch up.
News from The Next Web
- Google Photos’ Zootopia promo is resulting in some awesome animal selfies
- World’s highest ranking human rights official says the FBI is ‘unlocking a Pandora’s Box’
- Google expanding its ‘right to be forgotten’ in Europe just means you’ll now need a VPN
- Japan’s getting a $350 million Mario theme park attraction, but will it have a Rainbow Road?
- Remember Peeple? It finally launches today, but its niceness is a front
- Snapchat Day is a real thing and it’s all about baseball
- Inventor of email Ray Tomlinson dies at 74
- Bumble enters the friend zone with new BFF mode
- Amazon decides its users deserve encryption after all
Features, reviews, distractions, deals and more
- How to make the most of SXSW
- 9 reasons why working for a startup leads to career success
- Amazon’s Dot launch misstep: The fine line between exclusive and exclusionary
- 5 great deals to help you travel with confidence
- Is it just me or do the leaked HTC 10 images look quite a lot like an old iPhone?
- Top pro tips for beginner photographers
- 3 super simple Gmail hacks to boost productivity now
- How to measure video ROI: A beginner’s guide
- 5 ways great managers build amazing teams
- This week in patents: Google pop-up books and flexible phones
- Weekend Business Update: Mercari joins the unicorns, Snapchat data leaked, and more
- Six million dollar man’s bionic eye becomes reality
- What Hubspot learned from hiring (and not hiring) engineers
- 5 ways to become a truly awesome blogger
From beyond The Next Web
- Silicon Valley has not saved us from a productivity slowdown [The New York Times]
- Driverless lorries to be trialled in UK [BBC]
- China tries its hand at pre-crime [Bloomberg]