With the first proper Monday following the Christmas and New Year break upon us, there’s a good chance you’re suffering through a litany of terrible puns – the first person to tell me they ‘haven’t seen me in a year’ will be disappointed with the response.
If you’re struggling to get back up to speed and can’t quite face that pile of unread email from the holiday period, then spend a few minutes catching up on all the best tech news, reviews, features, deals and more from The Next Web over the last few days.
Do business with 5,000 people
TNW NYC is our New York technology event for anyone interested in helping their company grow.
It’s a bumper extra-long edition due to the public holiday too, so you can escape your tedious colleagues for longer than usual.
News from The Next Web
- CES 2016: What to expect from the Las Vegas technology conference
- Apple’s CarPlay and Android Auto are coming to Ford cars this year
- Zuckerberg’s new year resolution is to develop an AI assistant for his house
- Lenovo’s $899 modular ThinkPad X1 tablet lets you snap on a projector and 3D camera
- Doctors are finally trying to stop women from crowdfunding boob jobs
- Apple won Christmas 2015
- Steam explains Christmas Day hack
- New images from inside Tesla’s Gigafactory appear on Instagram
- New York State wants DraftKings and FanDuel to give back all the money they made
- Babypod entertains your fetus with an insertable speaker for your baby maker
- This week in patents: Manufacture your own Nikes, an improved Google Glass and more
- Oculus delays ‘Touch’ shipment to second half of 2016
Features, reviews, long reads, deals, distractions and more
- Use The Force (and an Apple Watch) to fly this drone
- 10 Web design trends you can expect to see in 2016
- This Chrome extension blocks all mentions of Donald Trump
- A look forward: New Year’s resolutions from TNW’s marketing team
- Ashley Madison’s 4 million new users aren’t evidence of a turnaround
- Quitting isn’t the same as failing
From beyond The Next Web
- Jolla announces that it is unable to fulfill all Jolla Tablet crowdfunding perks [Neowin]
- How Jeff Bezos aims to conquer the next “trillion-dollar market” [Fortune]
- With Startup Pileup, 2016 Tech IPOs Will Face Tough Investors [Bloomberg Business]
- Egypt Suspends Facebook’s ‘Free Basics’ Service [WSJ Digits]
- Uber’s No-Holds-Barred Expansion Strategy Fizzles in Germany [The New York Times]