Sometimes it’s impossible to keep yourself as plugged in to the constant tech news cycle as you’d like. Things happen, life gets in the way and maybe your family begin to question why they haven’t seen you in the last few days – all of which means you’ve missed this weekend’s best tech news and features. It’s OK, we understand; that’s what we’re here for.
So grab a coffee, mute your phone and spend 10 minutes catching up on the best tech news and features that you’ve missed from across the last two days.
News from The Next Web over the weekend
- Google buys city guides app Jetpac, support to end on September
- The Pokémon Trading Card Game is coming to the iPad
- Use Crowdsourced Data To Find What’s Draining Your iPhone
- Twitter Tests Notifications for Favorites
- Product Hunt Just Opened its API
- Moovit Now Helps When You Take Public Transport
- How to Be Less Selfish
- How to Find Your Friends at Burning Man 2014
- 7 Ways to Validate Your Startup Idea
- What I Learned In My First Year as a Product Designer
- What Aereo Should Do to Stay Alive and Innovate Television
- 5 Strategies for Keeping a Startup Vibe in a Growing Company
From beyond The Next Web
- Kim Dotcom: From Playboy Entrepreneur to Political Firebrand [The Guardian]
- Patent Overhaul Effort Stalls [The Wall Street Journal]
- In Silicon Valley, Mergers Must Meet the Toothbrush Test [The New York Times]
New York, meet the world’s tech scene
5,000 Tech leaders are coming to NYC this November to learn and do business. This is your chance to join them.
Image Credit – Shutterstock