Andrii is the Head of Media at TNW, with over a decade of experience in covering the European tech ecosystem. Talk to him about new and exci Andrii is the Head of Media at TNW, with over a decade of experience in covering the European tech ecosystem. Talk to him about new and exciting developments in tech, especially those involving vastly underreported industry niches and geographies.
Take a look at how much noteworthy stuff appeared over the weekend on The Next Web and beyond; news, hot discussions, and interesting reads — all wrapped up for in one post.
In the news
- HootSuite accidentally sent to users hundreds of e-mails, revealing other people’s details on the way while merging its users database with the Seesmic’s one.
- Apple and HTC have ended their patent dispute, signing a 10-year licensing agreement.
- George Entwistle, the Director General of the BBC, has resigned after less than two months of the job following the scandal surrounding flagship news programme Newsnight making a false accusation of child abuse.
- Paymill, a Stripe-clone backed by Rocket Internet, jumped into 29 new markets over Europe.
Reads and discussions
- Ask yourself: Are new entrepreneurial ideas keeping you from getting things done?
- Apple’s next chip architecture transition will be inconvenient, but not the end of the world
- Twitter: the future of journalism, or only the bad kind?
- The Arab world is a blooming market for venture capitalists
- Reorganizing the media industry will be messy, but solutions remain unclear
- What’s hot: 25 inspiring Windows 8 app designs
- Technology on paper now, technology in pocket tomorrow: Patents and the mobile future
- A behind-the-scenes look at how The Omni Group builds apps
Good reads from elsewhere
- Where Did Spotify’s Billion Dollars Go? Ask Netflix [AllThingsD]
- Online viewers start leaving if video doesn’t play in 2 seconds, says study [GigaOm]
- Why Apple and HTC settled their patent litigation [The Verge]
- Does HTC Deal Signal End to Apple’s Thermonuclear War Against Android? [AllThingsD]
- Startups Find Fertile Ground For Explosive Growth In Latin America [TechCrunch]
- Disruptions: Casting a Ballot by Smartphone [The New York Times]
Image credit: Hemera / Thinkstock
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.