Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
If you took radio DJ and TV presenter Lauren Laverne’s advice to give your smartphone, tablet and computers a break this weekend, then you’re probably here feeling refreshed from your digital downtime. However, that means you did miss the best of the tech news and features from the Web in the last two days.
No matter, just put your phone on silent, grab a coffee and catch up on everything you missed in the last 48 hours; your emails can wait a few more minutes.
News from The Next Web over the weekend:
- Apple confirms it acquired book data startup BookLamp
- Verizon will begin throttling data speeds for top 5% of users
- Bose suing Beats over noise canceling headphones
- How to shoot, edit & publish videos from your Android phone
- 15 must-have apps for Android Wear
- Trimming the fat: How to evaluate your business partnerships
- Should Twitter filter your feed?
- How cryptocurrencies are transforming the oldest profession
- 5 criteria for selecting a mobile app platform
- The present past: A visual exploration of ‘heritage’
- How to create a social media marketing plan from scratch
- Why last click breeds bad decisions in a multi device world
- How to scale advertising on mobile
From beyond The Next Web:
- Electronic aura could be answer to lost passwords [The Guardian]
- Messages in the deep: The remarkable story of the underwater Internet [Builtvisible]
- The ravages of BuzzFeed’s Benny Johnson [The Washington Post]
Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.
Featured Image Credit – Shutterstock
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.