Monday is upon us like an unwelcome hangover, but rather than pull the covers over your head and pretend it’s not happening, why not embrace it and start the day with a large breakfast-sized serving of tech news and features.
If you were offline having fun with friends and family (or just taking care of chores) over the last two days, then you’ve missed a whole bunch of stuff. Luckily for you, we’ve put it all together in one handy list. We know, we’re too kind.
All you need to do is make yourself a coffee and put your phone on silent until you’re ready to face the week proper.
News from The Next Web
- Holga Digital will outfit vintage style camera with 21st century tech
- Star Wars masterfully shuts down this sexist question about Storm Trooper armor
- Light Table Loupe for iOS lets you easily view your film negatives
- Internet meme Grumpy Cat is not stoked to be the first Madame Tussauds animatronic kitty
- Choosing font pairings just got easier: Meet ‘Tinder’ for typefaces
Good reads, features, reviews, deals, distractions and more
- How to become an awesome designer in 365 days
- How fiction writing can improve your productivity and well-being
- Here’s what it’s like to use Facebook’s virtual assistant, ‘M’
- 5 tips for more productive remote work
- 7 Chrome extensions to eliminate annoying buzzwords from the Web
- Meet the 13-year-old founder building an incredible tool to understand startups
- This is the best ‘I just quit my job’ video ever made: The rapping receptionist!
- App changelogs should be useful, not easter eggs or boilerplates
- Mark Zuckerberg’s year of books: Matt Ridley’s Genome
- Minecraft creator Notch shares the darker side of life after a big exit
- Send me another newsletter and I’ll burn your house down
- Introducing @TNWstyle: A new account exploring the way we write about technology
- How to be an internet-first journalist
- Tech journalism? I quit. Writing about technology? I’m not going anywhere…
- 9 all-purpose, super-easy online Web builders let you tell a story or sell your stuff
- Just how big has eSports become?
- 2 course bundles to help you build an audience and convert leads
From beyond The Next Web
- Tools for Tailored Learning May Expose Students’ Personal Details [The New York Times]
- What to Expect When You’re Expecting an Apple Car [The Wall Street Journal]
- Google OnHub review—Google’s smart home Trojan horse is a $200 leap of faith [ArsTechnica]
- U.S. developing sanctions against China over cyberthefts [The Washington Post]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.