It’s that time of the week where we grab a photograph of a cup of coffee from our image library. Why? Because the idea is that you put your feet up with a nice hot drink and catch up on what you might have missed over the weekend from The Next Web and beyond.
News from The Next Web over the weekend:
- You should update your iPhones and iPads to iOS 7.0.6 for a crucial SSL security fix
- Facebook testing a new Highlights feature on iOS to showcase your friend’s life events
- WhatsApp is down due to server issues [Update: Now working after 4-hour outage]
- Samsung Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo smartwatches will arrive in April, dropping Android for Tizen
- Huawei TalkBand B1 is a fitness and sleep tracker with a Bluetooth 4.1 earpiece for wireless calls
- Huawei launches pocket-friendly MediaPad X1 and M1 Android tablets at MWC 2014
- Huawei unveils the Ascend G6, a skinny 4G-enabled Android smartphone
- Mozilla is bringing Firefox OS to new markets, as Alcatel unveils first tablet and new smartphones
- Lenovo debuts its DOit suite of apps to help protect, share, and manage your digital information
- Meet Joseph Tame: Marathon runner, art runner, iRunner
- Lessons for Facebook: How WhatsApp went from red-hot to passé in Southeast Asia
- User-hostile vs. user-friendly email signup tactics: Which works best?
- 6 things you may not know about Tencent
- Why you should pay attention to these 8 emerging tech hubs
- 5 reasons you should stop hiring based on titles
From beyond The Next Web:
- On the Timing of iOS’s SSL Vulnerability and Apple’s ‘Addition’ to the NSA’s PRISM Program [Daring Fireball]
- Apple promises fix ‘very soon’ for Macs with failed encryption [Reuters]
- Netflix to Pay Comcast for Smoother Streaming [Wall Street Journal]
- Are the robots about to rise? Google’s new director of engineering thinks so… [The Guardian]
Hate spammy ICOs and crappy cryptocurrencies?
So do we.
Image credit: Shutterstock