Twitter’s latest breach, the StalkDaily twitter worm is in it’s fourth mutation and continuing to cause aggravation across Twitter.
The twitter team have continued to give vague reports of the issues being resolved, however it appears the worm is still very much alive and sneakier then ever.
Tweets such as these listed below have been posted giving tips as to how to remove the Mikeyy worm.
- How TO remove new Mikeyy worm! RT!! http://bit.ly/yCL1s
- This worm is getting out of hand Twitter. – Mikeyy
- Twitter, your community is going to be mad at you… – Mikeyy
They request you RT, but that then continues the spread of the worm.
Haklab gives further pointers as to how to remove the work from your profile:
1. Change your hex color/reset it
2. Change your bio and change the URL
3. DONT click on any profile that is suspicious and use another twitter client like TweetDeck instead of the Twitter website
Interview and His Contact Details
Interestingly, someone has listed his contact details (including Address, parents contact details and his previous school) in the comments of the interview post – and since Mikeyy decided to post legal threats in the comments of this post, we’ll assume they are real.
On attempting to call Mikeyy, there was no response and neither one via IM (AIM). It’s difficult to say whether the contact details are genuine but they are pretty precise. His “mother’s” name, phone number and address appear in Google Phonebook, though again, it’s difficult to be sure how genuine. We’ll continue to dig and let you know what we come up with.