Spending time offline can make for a healthy break, but don’t you just find yourself itching to see all the tech news and discussion you’re missing? Here’s a chance to catch up on stories and features from The Next Web and beyond. Oh and don’t forget that the latest issue of our iPad magazine is out now!
- Bootstrap creators leave Twitter for Obvious and GitHub but vow to keep working on open-source project
- Barnes & Noble cuts the price of its Nook GlowLight ereader to $119
- Canadian government accidentally sponsors The Pirate Bay, blames Yahoo for the mistake
- The legal brush has been cleared for a revisit of the Samsung tablet sales injunction
- Facebook claims proposed privacy rules for minors violate the First Amendment
- Frustrated developers line up to help ‘fix’ China Rail Ministry’s $52m ticketing site
- Irony at its finest: Kickstarter project explaining how to fund Kickstarter projects fails
- Tumblr will be down for a few hours this Saturday for ‘last major step’ in infrastructure upgrade
- India gets another big tech fund as IndoUS becomes Kalaari Capital, reveals $150m for investments
Make sure you catch these features, published over the weekend. Perfect to read over your lunch or on that dull bus ride home. If you’re thinking of splashing out on an iPhone 5, you’ll want to read our comprehensive review first.
- How Wikipedia works: Building the world’s most expansive encyclopaedia
- From Brazil Cost to Brazil Profit: Why are electronics so expensive in Brazil?
- Here’s what Google+ needs to do to kill Facebook
- Lacking competition and government investment, American telcos have lost their edge
- It’s inevitable: When, why, and how Facebook will take on Google in search
- How to get the Google Maps web app to run fullscreen with the old icon on iOS 6
- How to wireframe two web layouts in Illustrator using 960.gs
- The best apps, communities & tools for writers and journalists
- Eyeing a Windows Phone 8 handset? Check how they physically stack up to each other
- The absolute beginner’s guide to using Adobe’s new Edge Web Fonts on your site
And from elsewhere…
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Here are some pieces that you definitely shouldn’t miss from around the Web:
- Does Apple have a Scott Forstall problem? [Fortune]
- Amazon Lending – Amazon starts loaning capital to sellers to help them scale [Amazon Strategies]
- Including Maps on the original iPhone was a last-minute decision [9to5Mac]
- What does an even more digital BBC mean for the commercial media sector? [The Media Briefing]
- Take A Closer Look At The Icon For Apple’s Terrible Maps App [Business Insider]