The time has come!
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
It wasn’t easy narrowing down the tools that would occupy the top spots but we got there after much deliberation and discussion.
So, without further adieu, here are the top five new social media tools of 2011.
5. MyNewsDesk.com – This ‘news exchange’ startup out of Stockholm has become one of the most talked about social media tools of 2011 thanks to its robust analytics system and easy-to-use interface. Try it now if you haven’t already.
4. Wanderfly.com – This is a personalised recommendations engine that helps you discover new and exciting experiences based on your budget and interests. And, it integrates with Facebook to bring all of your social preferences together. This is a great example of niche recommendations portal and what Google+ is aiming to achieve on a wider scale. [See our one-year story on them here.]
3. YouTube.com/create – YouTube has been ramping up is creation tools in 2011 and the animation tools located at YouTube.com/create are a great example. GoAnimate is a great example allowing you to make animated videos in less than 10 minutes!
2. AppMakr.com – Talk about doing what it says on the tin! AppMakr helps you make free apps for the iPhone. Seriously cool.
1. BufferApp.com – It is now time to crown our most useful tool of 2011. BufferApp works by scheduling content you find online and adding into your Twitter or Facebook stream. It then publishes the tweets at regular intervals without flooding your followers. Pure genius.
Congratulations to our final five!
Read next: The Future of Web Design