The new badges, per usual, fall into two groups. The first are surprise badges, ones that are only unlocked if you do certain things. So, you’ll have to figure those out for yourself. A good example of this? The recent “Baggage Handler” badge that was inspired by the TSA and its increased security measures at airports in the United States.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Not all of them are secret though.
Here are some of the new ones that Foursquare revealed and are part of the group that the company says are to “encourage and reward certain behaviors.” Here are some of the ones that were recently added:
- Dog’s Best Friend – for frequenting dog parks
- Great Outdoors – for getting out to parks to breathe in some fresh air
- Swimmies – for the aquatic minded
- 9 to 5 – for those of us in the weekly grind
- Hangover – we’re not encouraging hangovers, but are happy to salute people who keep on trucking!
- Ski Bum – to commemorate your trips up the mountain
The Hangover badge is sure to be an instant favorite, we’re sure of it.
Many of these so-called ‘encouragement’ badges will show up in your new Trophy Case and if you hover over the ones that appear grayed out, you’ll be able to see what you need to do in order to obtain them.
And for the badge obsessed, keep an eye on Foursquare’s Twitter account count in the near future for more badge roll outs.
So, keep an eye out.