Chad Catacchio is a contributor writing on a variety of topics in tech. He has held management positions at a number of tech companies in th Chad Catacchio is a contributor writing on a variety of topics in tech. He has held management positions at a number of tech companies in the US and China. Check out his personal blog to connect with him or follow him on Twitter (if you dare).
Foursquare seems to be concentrating on its website right now (which is a very welcome development), continuing on from its earlier improvements to launch a new badges display page, it’s calling Trophy Case.
Basically, Foursquare has updated the way that it shows what badges you have earned, breaking badges down into two categories: core “Foursquare” badges, developed by the Foursquare internal team; and “partner” badges which includes the likes of CNN,the New York Times, etc.
Foursquare has also enhanced the individual badges pages, with an attractive design which not only highlights when and where you received the badge, but also which of your Foursquare friends also have earned the badge.
Finally, Foursquare today has announced five new partner badges, which is the start of the location startups new Partner Badge program, which it says, “is still in its early stage, and we’re slowly expanding it. If you are an organization that would like to create a badge, fill out this form“:
- the American Red Cross – go donate blood; each donation center has unlock instructions, so head out and earn your cookie!
- Ellen! – we love her show, and a ton of you do, too. Over the coming months, we have a series of Ellen badges that you can unlock by following her and doing Ellen-esque things. Follow Ellen on foursquare.
- Radio Shack – be a Radio Shack Holiday Hero; follow them, unlock the badge, and earn big discounts on your holiday shopping.
- People Magazine – People’s Sexiest Man Alive badge rewards you for following in the footsteps of the world’s sexiest men. Follow People.
- MoMA – Follow the New York Museum of Modern Art, take in some culture, and unlock their badge for discounts on MoMA memberships.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.