You probably spent last weekend out frolicking, fraternizing or otherwise having fun.
If you weren’t doing that, there’s a good chance you spent it busy with chores on your to-do list.
Europe, are you ready?
TNW Conference is back for its 12th year. Reserve your 2-for-1 ticket voucher now.
Either way, you probably missed the biggest tech stories from across the last few days, so we’ve pulled them together in one handy list.
News from The Next Web
- Microsoft’s Surface, official tablet of the NFL, just fumbled during a championship game [Update: The company is blaming a network issue]
- Google Play Games soon won’t require a Google+ account
- A hotel for gamers has opened in Amsterdam
- Piku Piku lets you record GIFs with live filters on your iPhone
- Here’s what 135 years of global warming looks like in 30 seconds
- Slow broadband for millions in UK pushes MPs to call for split of BT
- FBI hosted images of child sexual abuse on Dark Web to hack pedophiles around the world
- Jeff Bezos’ Blue Origin successfully re-launched and landed its rocket before SpaceX
- You can now ask your Amazon Echo for movie times, live NFL scores and predictions
Reviews, features, good reads, distractions, deals and more
- 9 celebrities who should be on Twitter’s board
- Apple needs a new hit or Alphabet will overtake it as the most valuable company in the world
- 12 Chrome extensions to motivate you with each new tab
- The unexpected challenge of unlimited vacation time
- This week in patents: Inflatable socks, wireless charging and more
- This A.I. sends the nasty emails you wish you could write
- Pay what you want for 12 Mac upgrades: The 2016 Mac Bundle
- 5 overlooked LinkedIn tools for higher ed
- VPN roundup: Choose the digital security that’s right for you
From beyond The Next Web
- The end of the big venture formula [TechCrunch]
- How Larry Page’s obsessions became Google’s business [The New York Times]
- China risks electric-car shakedown [The Wall Street Journal]
- Get the strategy right and the execution is easy [AVC.com]