30,000 tech-heads descend on Amsterdam
Join us and 30,000 others at the 12th edition of TNW Conference. 2-for-1 tickets available soon.
Android One users are coming from KitKat, so Google claims a longer battery life and doubled performance overall, but there’s no official word on what benefits users already on a previous version of Lollipop might see. Android Pit, however, reports various improvements over 5.0.2 are to come:
- Silent mode added after missing on Android 5.0
- General improvements in system stability
- Improved RAM management
- Fixes for sudden app closures
- Improved battery management
- Excessive consumption of network devices when used Wi-Fi fixed
- Issues with wireless connections fixed
- Problems with Okay Google function solved
- Notifications problems solved
- Some sound problems experience by certain devices fixed
- Other improvements and changes
- Changes in the Material Design color palette (after users complaints, possibly for a higher version though)
India isn’t the only country getting the update; Android One devices are set to arrive in Indonesia with 5.1 in tow later this month, and devices in Bangladesh, Nepal and Sri Lanka will likely arrive with the newest version of the OS as well when the program expands to them.
Although Google doesn’t specify when exactly 5.1 will arrive, chances are it will hit devices before or during the Indonesian launch.
Read next: How to build your growth machine: Part 1