Nest mulls offering compensation to abandoned Revolv owners

Earlier this week, it came to light that Google-owned IoT firm was shutting down its Revolv smart home hub in May.
The move would not only brick those $300 devices and render them useless, but also force users to look for a new gadget thatâs compatible with all their home electronics and suitable for their automation needs.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Following a major backlash from customers and IoT fans alike, Nest now says itâs working with customers to find a better way to end this troubled relationship.
A Nest spokesperson told The Verge:
Weâve been working with the small number of Revolv customers on a case-by-case basis since we sent out the first customer notification in February to determine the best resolution, including compensation.
The company is urging customers to get in touch with customer support at help@revolv.com.
Revolv owners, we're here to help. Please get in touch so we can find the best solution for your needs: help@revolv.com
â Nest Support (@nestsupport) April 5, 2016
A full refund would be the least Nest could do to make nice with Revolv owners. Setting up a smart home and configuring all your electronics to work well is no small task, and itâs shocking that the company would think itâd be okay to pull the rug out from under its customersâ feet this way.
Weâve contacted Revolv for an update on the situation and will update this post when we hear back.
Read next: Vivaldi's browser for power-users finally launches version 1.0
Comments