Built by Flexibits, Fantastical 1.1 for iOS — which costs $3.99 and is the sister of its popular Mac incarnation — has got a host of new features which include multiple alerts for events, support for time zones (sounding good so far for this Asia-based, sometimes-forgetful reporter) and UI tweaks that allow events to be moved, and dates brought up, by simply tapping and holding in the app. Other welcome additions include the dimming of events that have taken place already.
“The most awesome stage”
Last year, Facebook's VP of Design thought the TNW Conference main stage was the best she'd ever been on.
Perhaps our favorite introduction is the state restoration — available for devices running iOS 6 — which prevents those of us who frequently multitask from losing unsaved actions.
Flexibit’s Michael Simmons calls it a “cool” feature, and explained to us how it works:
If you force the app to quit via the system tray then it will truly restart because you forced it to. But, thanks to state restoration, if you entered important information and then switched to check something and forgot to return, you’ll be right back where you were should the system initiate a shutdown.
So, if you’re anything like me and running messaging apps, Twitter, games and more at the same time, Fantastical will make sure that your latest updates aren’t lost, unless you obviously go and close it down.
Here’s the change log for version 1.1, you can grab the updated app at the link at the bottom.
- Multiple alerts when creating events
- Time zone support
- Duplicate or move events (tap and hold an event in the event list)
- Go to a specific date (tap and hold the red title bar)
- Event list is now scrollable when using the calendar
- Today’s timed events dim after the event has ended
- Copied text containing event info can automatically be made into an event
- Added setting to highlight weekends
- Added setting to show empty days on the DayTicker
- Added setting to display the number of today’s remaining events or date on the app icon badge
- State restoration (iOS 6 only)
- A staggering number of other improvements, parser enhancements, and bug fixes
➤ Fantastical 1.1 for iOS [$3.99]
Disclosure: This article contains an affiliate link. While we only ever write about products we think deserve to be on the pages of our site, The Next Web may earn a small commission if you click through and buy the product in question. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.