The popular Twitter app for iPhone Tweetbot has received an update to version 2.1 on the iPhone, gaining streaming, tweaks to the timeline, improvements for Tweet Marker and bug fixes.
Tweetbot 2.1 for iPhone now supports full streaming of your Twitter feed using the official API. It also has ‘pin to top’ functionality, much like Twitter for Mac. This follows up Tweetbot for iPad’s update earlier this week, which also added streaming, as well as Retina support for the new iPad.
You can disable streaming and the pinning functionality in settings, but I’ve been using the streaming version of Tweetbot on iPad for a few weeks now and I absolutely love it. Honestly the update for the iPad was more welcome, as I use it on a Twelve South Hoverbar to keep me in constant Twitter streaming bliss, but its nice to see it here as well.
The new features of Tweetbot for iPhone include the following:
- Streaming (when on WiFI with settings to disable it)
- The “new tweets” sound is now limited to mentions, DM’s, and new tweets via pull-to-refresh
- Double-tapping on the timeline tab button takes you to last read tweet before going to the top
- Improvements to the Tweetmarker service
- Bug fixes related to direct messages
- Many other bug fixes