The Consumer Electronics Show (CES) held annually at Las Vegas is just a few weeks away and announcements have started to roll-in. LG announced today that it’ll unveil the world’s lightest 17-inch laptop – the Gram 17 – at CES. The laptop just weighs 1,340 grams as compared other laptops of the same class which weighs 2,000 grams or more.
The company claims that it managed to cram in a 17-inch display in a 15.6-inch laptop class body. The laptop will feature Wide Quad Extended Graphics Array (WQXGA) class screen with 2560 x 1600 resolution and a wider 16:10 aspect ratio. The specs indicate that the screen will great for video streaming, gaming, and document editing.
Here’s a rundown of what else is under the super-light chassis:
- Screen: 17-inch WQXGA display with 2560 x 1600 resolution
- Processor: Intel 8th Gen Intel Core processor
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- Memory: 8/16GB RAM
- Internal storage: 256/512GB
- Battery: 72Wh (19.5 hours approx as per the company)
- Ports: USB 3.1 Type-C (Thunderbolt 3 Option), USB 3.1 x 3, Dual Mic, HDMI, microSD, HP/Mic Out (Combo)
LG says that the laptop is designed with MIL-STD-810G durability standard, making it shock, temperature, and dust resistant. The company has included a fingerprint sensor as well for authentication. Additionally, the device has DTS Headphone X technology to enhance your audio experience.
Published December 13, 2018 — 09:17 UTC