Remember April Fools’ Day? It feels like it was just yesterday, doesn’t it? Well, it wasn’t, April is racing by and tech news stops for no one.
It’s understandable then, if you feel the need to take a break at weekends, to step back from the headlines and spend a little time with your friends, family or games console.
We don’t, however. So what you have here is 21 of the best tech features, reviews, news stories and everything else from the last two days.
All you need to do is silence your phone and make yourself a coffee.
News from The Next Web over the weekend
- ‘Chariot for Women’ is a female-only Uber that could get shut down before it takes off
- NFL taps into the power of VR as tool to combat racism, sexism
- Slack beta update brings mobile calling to iOS and Android users
- It’s going to cost you more to ‘Netflix and Chill’ from next month
- Your Apple Watch can now tell if you’re happy or sad from how you speak to it
Features, good reads, reviews, roundups, distractions and more
- Be the Shakespeare of Facebook: The enormous guide to writing spectacular social media content
- Tech in Latin America: Obama’s visits, Facebook’s arrest and more
- 3 soon-to-be social media trends you can profit on
- Weekend Business Update: $200M round for Slack, PayPal condemns discrimination, and more
- The upside of copycat apps and how to deal with them if they get out of hand
- 9 iPhone cases that do more than just protect your phone
- 6 golden rules to learn anything in record time
- When one upvote is worth a thousand visitors
- This app gets pros to edit your Instagram pictures for free
- In New Orleans, a female-led pie business embodies the local entrepreneurship scene
- Microsoft’s Hub Keyboard for iOS is nifty but there’s no emoji
- The 8-course Computer Science Bundle helps you master coding and design (89% off)