Automattic has just updated its WordPress for iOS app with a number of new features, including support for featured images, push notifications for self-hosted blogs utilizing the Jetpack plugin and a number of bug fixes.
This update continues Automattic’s mobile push, which is absolutely essential for WordPress’ future dominance as a publishing platform. In addition, the new Jetpack-powered push notifications feature (which is restricted to blog owners for the time being) means Automattic’s plugin will continue to receive plenty of attention as a way of bridging the gap between WordPress.com’s hosting service/network and the open source software on WordPress.org.
Today’s release is the first noteworthy update since WordPress for iOS received a major facelift back in August. The design was dramatically improved, and a number of new features also debuted, including:
- Support for Post Formats.
- WordPress.com Reader and Quick Photo added for the iPad.
- New Simple post preview feature for the iPad.
- All-new WordPress.com stats.
- New WordPress.com Friend Finder feature helps you find your friends blogging on WordPress.com.
- Landscape orientation support throughout the app.
- Easy access to your site – view it and access the web dashboard right from the app.
Download the updated app via the link below and let us know what you think in the comments!
➤ WordPress for iOS
Image credit: Jupiterimages / Thinkstock