Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
As summer starts to think about drawing to a close (in the northern hemisphere, at least) you can be forgiven for spending your weekends away from the lure of tech news and making the most of the last few glimpses of sunshine. However, fun as that might have been, it does mean you probably missed all the big tech news from the last two days.
If that sounds like you, read on to catch up on everything that you’ve missed.
News from the weekend at The Next Web
- Facebook Testing LinkedIn-Like ‘Professional Skills’ Section
- One More Variation of the new Yahoo Logo
- Facebook for Windows Phone Now Supports 256MB RAM Phones
- Apple Canada Lists Apps as ‘Optimized for iPhone 6’
- Breaking Bad Fans Sue Apple Over Misleading Marketing
- Indian Geeks Urge Google to Name Next Android ‘Ladoo’
- ProPublica Journalist Reveals Research Behind Bullrun Scoop
- Google Authenticator for iOS Returns to the App Store
- Report: Google Boosts Data Encryption Program To Fend Off NSA
- These Sticky Notes Stick to the Back of your iPhone
- BlackBerry Messenger iOS App Being Reviewed By Apple For Past
- GitHub’s New Office Includes a Replica of the Oval Office
- How to Manage Tech and Creative People when you’re In-between
- Making Awesome People Happy at Work (and Stopping Them from Quitting)
- Using Independent Teams to Scale: How Wooga Works
- 5 Things you Need to Know Before Starting an Enterprise Company
- The Best Time to Post Tweets, Facebook Posts and More
From beyond The Next Web
- The Economics On Yahoo’s Big Flickr Storage Deal Are ‘Insane’ [Business Insider]
- US NSA and UK GCHQ ‘can spy on smartphones’ [Der Spiegel]
- Grand Theft Auto V: meet Dan Houser, architect of a gaming phenomenon [Guardian]
Featured Image Credit – Thinkstock
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.