Ben WoodsEurope Editor
Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional Ben is a technology journalist with a specialism in mobile devices and a geeky love of mobile spectrum issues. Ben used to be a professional online poker player. You can contact him via Twitter or on Google+.
It’s Monday, which means there’s a good chance you spent the weekend having fun with friends and family, or taking care of chores, rather than keeping an eye on the tech news.
Luckily for you, we were paying attention while you were doing other things. All you need to do is make yourself a coffee, clear 10 minutes in your schedule and catch up on everything you missed.
News from The Next Web over the weekend
- The NSA is no longer authorized to spy on US citizens — for now
- Woman unknowingly tosses a first-gen Apple computer worth $200,000 at a recycling center
- Google’s Gmail API officially gets push notification support
- Apple says Watch OS 1.0.1 records heart rate irregularly on purpose. Thanks, Apple
- Watch: The Business of Cybercrime – ‘Victims of cybercrime don’t even know about it’
- Google’s solar-powered drone crashed in New Mexico during test flight
- Salesforce buys smart calendar, Tempo
- Silk Road founder is sentenced to two life terms without parole
Good reads, distractions and features
- The psychology of simple
- 19 of the best new and updated iOS apps from May
- 15 of the best new and updated Android apps from May
- Treat yourself! The top TNW Deals this week
- The J. J. Abrams guide to intelligent online business
- 6 of the coolest experiments Google’s ATAP team showed off at I/O
- Hands-on: Google’s Project Jacquard is the intersection of clothing and connectivity
- Ocushield: A screen protector that protects your eyes more than the screen
- Tech news in Eastern Europe: What happened in May
- ‘Too busy’: Two little words, one big lie
- What would an Apple smartphone have looked like in 1984?
- What $5 per day will buy you on Facebook ads
From beyond TNW
- The World’s Coming Broadband Divide [The New York Times]
- Tech Firms Pull Talent Away From Ad Agencies [The Wall Street Journal]
- Nvidia’s new graphics card pushes for better 4K [CNET]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the weekend. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.
Get the TNW newsletter
Get the most important tech news in your inbox each week.