More than three weeks after Chrome 29 for the desktop and Android arrived, Google today announced the release of Chrome 29 for iOS, adding three new features among the other usual improvements. You can download the latest version now directly from Apple’s App Store.
First up in this release we have a faster back button specifically when performing a search. If you click on one of the results and hit back, you should see your results “instantly” according to Google.
Next up, you will soon be able to view your data savings in Bandwidth Management Settings. Google wouldn’t say exactly when this feature will start working, but given the progress being made on Android, we’d bet it’s coming pretty soon.
Last but not least, pronoun support is a go in voice search, meaning you can now ask Chrome more specific questions referring to people. It’s not perfect by any means, but it does seem to get the job done most of the time.
The full Chrome 29.0.1547.11 for iOS changelog is as follows:
- Get back to your Search Results faster: Do a search and click a result. Not what you wanted? Now when you hit back, your search results will instantly appear, ready for you to choose the next one.
- Data cost savings enhancements: View your data savings in Bandwidth Management Settings. This feature is being rolled out incrementally and will be available to all users over time.
- Voice search pronoun support: Try queries like: “Who is the president of the United States?” followed by “Who is his wife?”.
- Improvements to Single Sign On with other Google Apps.
- Stability / security improvements and bug fixes.
This release reminds us that Chrome for iOS development is starting to lag behind other platforms. This is the biggest gap we’ve seen yet and we’ll be watching closely to see how the situation changes.
Top Image Credit: Half Cut
Disclosure: This article contains an affiliate link. While we only ever write about products we think deserve to be on the pages of our site, The Next Web may earn a small commission if you click through and buy the product in question. For more information, please see our Terms of Service.