Microsoft first released HoloLens back in March, but it was a relatively small batch limited to developers. Now anyone can buy one – no sign up required.
With the update, Microsoft is introducing some features for the enterprise with a new ‘Commercial Suite.’ These include:
- A Kiosk mode to enable a demo setting where only certain apps can run,
- IT tools for managing multiple HoloLenses.
- BitLocker encryption and secure boot
- Connecting to a corporate network via a VPN or Wi-Fi networks that require credentials
- The Windows Store for Business, for enterprise-oriented apps
- And more
Keep in mind, Microsoft still calls this a ‘Development Edition,’ which means it doesn’t consider HoloLens to be ready for consumer primetime yet (which is good, because it’s not). Still, it’s neat that you can buy one if you happen to have $3,000 lying around – it could really up your Pokemon Go game.
You can order one (or up to five) now at hololens.com
Read next: Chat yourself a plan with Tweek