The Microsoft Office team has announced that Office 2010 has reached RTM – Release To Manufacturing.
RTM is the final build that is first made available to OEM manufacturers and subsequently to other partners, premium subscribers and retail outlets. The different Office 2010 SKUs and prices have been detailed in an earlier post. The final build number is not known as of now.
Office 2010 can be obtained through various channels and the release dates for are as follows:
- Office 2010 RTM – 15th April
- MSDN/Technet Subscribers – 22nd April (via Mary Jo Foley)
- Volume License customers with Software Assurance – 27th April
- Volume License customers without Software Assurance – 1st May
- Business Customers – 12th May
- General Availability – June (Pre-order here)
Microsoft will be holding a virtual launch on the 12th of May.