Next on our tour of iOS 4.2.1 on the iPad is the App-a-holic’s favorite: App folders. Now that you have multitasking down from the last video how to, now it’s time to get that iPad organized with app folders! Until I got iOS 4.2 (granted it was the GM from before, but still) I had pages and pages of apps. My once well organized iPad had become a huge mess, kinda like my iPhone is now, well now with app folders…ah bliss!
Again, iPhone owners who have been using iOS 4 have been doing this for months now, but the days of cluttered screens are finally over for iPad owners now too! Here’s a short video showing you the ins and outs (and drags and drops) of making and using app folders on the iPad:
- Just like deleting apps, press and hold an app until they all jiggle
- Drag on app onto another to create a new folder
- Drag apps into existing folders to organize
- Drag a folder to the dock to help move apps from several screens
- Tapping an app folder lets you move apps from the folder or change the folder’s name.
- You can have twenty apps in a folder on the iPad and six apps on the dock.
Last but not least: Find my iPhone (or iDevice since it works with the iPad too)
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.