Start-Up Chile‘s Demo Day will take place in Santiago this Wednesday, and will be the first big opportunity for some of the international teams who had been selected last September to present their progression to a selected audience.
As you may know, they have spent the last few months in Chile, thanks to a $40,000 grant from the Chilean government. According to the accelerator, today’s guest list includes names such as MercadoLibre’s co-founder and investor Hernan Kazah, as well as Google’s global entrepreneurship manager Bridgette Sexton.
As for the startups themselves, we have already covered several of them, and will keep on following the most following ones over the next few months. Here’s the full list of companies which will be pitching:
- Agent Piggy, an online piggy bank that lets kids learn to manage their finances (see our story)
- bContext, an iPad app that helps users create new forms of content by adding context (such as voice comments and annotations) to a wide array of file types
- BookBottles, which provides services to nightclub guests and club owners
- Catmoji, a place for cat lovers to share and discover interesting cat pictures and videos through emoji
- Comenta.TV, a real-time analytics company for live TV (see our previous coverage)
- Decurate, an online design site and e-commerce store focusing on emerging designers
- ESCAPESwithYOU, a social e-commerce platform specialized in tourism
- Fantaxico, which helps taxi fleets grow their business and makes them part of a bigger virtual fleet for smartphone users
- Fanwards, a social loyalty platform to reward users for their online interaction with brands (see our article)
- Jogabo, a worldwide football community (see our article)
- Kidbox, which ambitions to keep children safe on the Internet (and won Red Innova’s Startup Competition)
- MiBuzz.tv, a social platform of curated content that aggregates videos from different sources
- MotionDisplays, which develops self-service and guided selling software solutions for the retail industry
- Nibu, which hopes free WiFi network in Latin America by aggregating hotspots
- Nuovo Wind, which is developing an ultra-low cost wind turbine
- PayParrot, which helps companies gain traction and boost their sales
- Presstler, a platform that lets businesses and individuals create automatically curated custom “press about us” pages
- Regalii, which lets the 35m Latinos in the US send special gift certificates to their family back home
- Scholaroo, a platform that uses social media profiles to quickly match students with best-fit scholarships
- SmartVineyard, which provides winemakers with professional IT solutions
- StreetInvestor (aka Bússola do Investidor), a website that offers tools, content and information for individual investors
- StrongSteam, which gives a pair of ‘eyes’ to smartphones thanks to AI-powered image and word recognition
- SupportBee, a support tool for businesses
- Synergos, which offers bite-size inspiration in 20min or less from sources such as TED.com, tailored to your interests and combined into a personalized channel
- The Social Radio, which converts Twitter into a radio-like experience (see our review)
- tripku, a social travel planning platform
- Trudev, which has developed a portable, affordable, microbial drinking water test and chemical purification system
- UniPlaces, an online platform for university accommodation
- VOZ, an ethical fashion label
- Vulevú, an online discovery community for women e-shoppers and food lovers (see our article on women founders of Start-Up Chile)
- Yupi Studios, a multi-platform app and game development studio
That’s a nice list for sure, but we have to confess that we are particularly interested in hearing more about Catmoji and its mission to “create happiness with the Internet and cats”!
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.