With the sun shining, no work to get on with and free time at your disposal, we don’t blame you for taking a bit of downtime. Weekends are a chance to relax, ignore the email pile and get on with other things.
Of course, if you did spend the last two days away from the internet, then there’s a whole load of news and features you need to catch up with. Luckily for you, we’ve pulled them all together into one handy list.
Ever been to a tech festival?
TNW Conference won best European Event 2016 for our festival vibe. See what's in store for 2017.
All you need to do is make yourself a coffee, put your phone on silent and spend a few minutes catching up on everything that you missed.
Don’t worry, we won’t tell anyone you weren’t paying attention first time around.
News from TNW over the weekend
- Apple Music will let you stream 100,000 of your own tracks when iOS 9 launches
- SpaceX’s Falcon 9 rocket exploded two minutes after launch
- Apple Music and iOS 8.4 are launching at 8 AM PST June 30, Beats 1 radio at 9 AM
- BlackBerry adds private chat feature to BBM on iOS and Android
- Google celebrates Pride with new Hangouts Easter eggs
Good reads, reviews, features and distractions
- ‘Content’ is a vile word
- Why you should never tap friends and family for startup funds
- 24 hours with the Meizu MX4 Ubuntu Edition: I’m going to need some time to adjust
- Fluence makes it easy for musicians, artists, even tech startups to get feedback from experts
- Forget Amazon Echo, ‘the creepy factor’ has put me off voice control completely
- The psychology of how we learn
- Jawbone UP3 review: A fully-featured activity tracker that refuses to stay on my wrist
- How much am I worth as a freelancer?
- 10 Twitter chats you need to be participating in
- 6 personalities in every office – and how to manage them
- Get 90% off the Linux Learner Bundle
- 10 more tech innovations changing medicine
From beyond TNW
- Behind Silicon Valley’s Self-Critical Tone on Diversity, a Lack of Progress [The New York Times]
- Why This Tech Bubble Is Less Scary [The Wall Street Journal]
- Where is the Taylor Swift of news to force tech companies to pay up? [The Guardian]
So, there you have it, the biggest news and features from the last two days. Of course, if you fear missing out in the future, you can always subscribe to our individually crafted newsletters or Like our Facebook Page to stay in touch.