Given the fast pace of anything remotely related to the Internet, it’s no surprise that Web designers are constantly creating something new. Sometimes the results are absolutely hilarious, while others are innovative and highly useful. Today, we’re going to focus on the latter, with an assortment of new tools and resources discovered by TNW team and our readers.
Of course this isn’t a definitive list and there’s room for more (note: we’ve done this before). If we left out a resource or tool that deserved a mention, definitely share it with us in the comments below!
11 New apps, resources & goodies
1. CS6 & Creative Cloud: Though it may just be a new pricing model after all, Creative Cloud and the brand new Creative Suite 6 should still be on the radar of every designer (Read: Everything You Need to Know About CS6 and Creative Cloud).
2. & 3. Coda 2 for Mac & Diet Coda for iPad: Panic has just recently released two brand new apps: Coda 2, the long awaited update to the popular Mac Web editor, and Diet Coda, a wonderfully slimmed down Web editor for the iPad. Click here to learn more.
4. Brekkie: The simple iPad app with daily servings of advertising, marketing and design inspiration.
5. Which is worse?: A quick game for Web designers. “Well, that was interesting. You decided that Flash is the worst thing ever, like…in the world.”
6. SlideDeck 2.1: The WordPress plugin for creating gorgeous, customizable content sliders without any code, will soon receive its first update.
7. WorkFu: The site that taps your social connections to find you the perfect job.
8. Uberlayer: A simple little app for pixel proofing and more.
9. Gumby Framework: No, maybe you don’t need another responsive grid framework, but it won’t kill you to try.
10. WordPress for iOS V3: WordPress has just announced the release of version 3.0 of its iOS app, which packs a number of new features, including push notifications for WordPress.com, a new toolbar and overall improved performance.
11. Google APIs Explorer: Continuing Google’s spring cleaning, the Google APIs Explorer has just received a redesign that makes the overall experience much prettier, mirroring the latest Search, Docs and Drive experiences.
Also on our radar: Hype, Ypixme, WTFSIGTE, Joomla 2.5, ColorSnapper. While you’re at it, you might also want to check out these 5 awesome free query plugins and 13 more resources/apps/goodies for Web designers. If we missed a favorite new tool, resource or goodie of yours, feel free to share it in the comments below!
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.