iOS 4.1 is live, so go get to it. Just in case you forgot what is in iOS 4.1, let us refresh you (this is from previous coverage, so it is past tense):
- iOS 4.1 is coming out next week for iPhone and iPod Touch! Free download via iTunes. Bugs that are fixed: Proximity, Bluetooth, and iPhone 3G performance issues.
- It will feature High Dynamic Range photos: a system that takes three quick photos, with different exposures, and combines the three to make the best photo possible. Your phone will keep the HDR photo and the regular photo so you can pick.
- In 4.1 HD video will upload over WiFi, at last.
- Game Center will be debuting for end users. This will be an app and a system that can be baked into your application. You can challenge friends, be automatically matched for competition, and compare scores. Also built in are push notes on when you are challenged.
- Apple brought on stage Epic Games to demonstrate a new game called Project Sword and show off Game Center. Epic was excited about “online leader boards” and “achievements.” The game is beyond neat, and is powered by Unreal technology to boot.
Go! Via 9To5Mac.
Pssst, hey you!
Do you want to get the sassiest daily tech newsletter every day, in your inbox, for FREE? Of course you do: sign up for Big Spam here.