Here at The Next Web, we’re looking for a Commissioning Editor – a role that involves working with our contributors and guest authors to ensure that we have compelling, shareable, evergreen content published each day.
- Generating ideas for features with writing staff and freelancers
- Managing our contributor budget
- Commissioning articles from freelance and in-house writers
- Managing and coordinating freelance feature writers; ensuring articles are delivered on time and of a high standard for both TheNextWeb.com and TNW Magazine
- Overseeing the layout, appearance and content of feature articles
- Proofreading all articles before they’re published
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Working remotely, you’ll be able to work full-time during the US or European daytime, have a journalistic background and understand what makes for great written content online.
You should be a self-starter who takes pride in their work and ‘lives’ technology and Internet culture. You’ll love entrepreneurship, have a passion for startups and a love of beautiful products. You’ll love learning and sharing what’s needed to build incredible products and companies.
You’ll be a natural organizer and people person who can ensure articles are commissioned, delivered and published on deadline, every time, from a large pool of authors. A natural at understanding what makes a strong story, you’ll play a key part in helping our readers understand the technology world.
Interested? Fill in this form – we’re looking to hire ASAP. Good luck!