The fixtures include the iconic 1966 final between England and West Germany, as well as the quarter-final in 1986 that featured Argentinian Diego Maradona’s infamous ‘Hand of God’ goal. Scots will be treated to their 1978 group match against the Netherlands, while Northern Ireland is represented with a Spain group tie from the 1982 tournament. Rounding out the shortlist is another England clash, this time against Germany in the 1990 semi-final.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
All of the matches will be replayed in full – without ads, of course – and the BBC will pepper each game with special guests such as Gary Lineker.
The ‘BBC World Cup Rewind’ initiative will be available for PCs, tablets, smartphones and connected TVs, either through the BBC Sport app or bbc.co.uk/worldcup.
Here’s the full schedule:
- Friday 30 May, 12pm: England v West Germany, 1966 final
- Saturday 31 May, 3pm: Scotland v The Netherlands, 1978 group match
- Wednesday 4 June, 12pm: England v Argentina, 1986 quarter-final
- Saturday 7 June, 3pm: England v Germany, 1990 semi-final
- Sunday 8 June, 3pm: Spain v Northern Ireland, 1982 group match
Image Credit: STAFF/AFP/Getty Images