Twestival is a movement that uses social media for social good by connecting communities offline on a single day to highlight a great cause. Ideas start as a tweet and as it spreads, becomes a movement that has the power to make things happen.
This year, Twestival is going ‘local’ in cities around the world on Thursday, 24 March 2011. All local events are organized 100% by volunteers and 100% of all ticket sales and donations go directly to local non-profits that organizers have identified for having an incredible impact within their own community. The goal is to raise funds and awareness by doing a local meet-up with various activities.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Twestival is the brainchild of Amanda Rose, who believes that if cities were able to collaborate on an international scale, but work from a local level, it could have a spectacular impact. Since 2009, over 200 international cities all over the world have joined the movement.
Be a part of the Global Movement!
1) Grab a Ticket. Find your city on the official events list and attend your local event on March 24th.
2) Volunteer. Local events are run 100% by volunteers and teams are always looking for more help.
3) Donate. Each Twestival is supporting a amazing local cause with 100% of donations going direct to projects happening in their own community. Give what you can and help them reach their goal.
4) Sponsor or contribute in-kind. Are you a company or organization looking to connect with the digital set? Twestival Local has great sponsorship opportunities and cities are always happy to receive great prizes.
5) Tweet, Blog, Promote. Please spread the word about Twestival and our local charities.
Want to promote your local Twestival? Feel free to do so in the comments section below.