Just five years ago, consumers turned to their phones for basic communications – placing calls, checking email and sending texts. Today, those phones have morphed into a range of mobile devices that place the power of information in the palms of our hands.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
The infographic charts the exploding and varied ways mobile devices are now being used to connect:
- 792 mobile apps are downloaded each second.
- 29 million mobile users streamed music in 2011.
- Video content accounts for 52% of all mobile data traffic.
- Facebook hosts 1627 mobile status updates per second.
- Twitter boasts 13 million mobile users.
- Instagram reported a 1,900% increase in the number of photos posted in a single year
Click on the image for full size.
olly via shutterstock