Microsoft plans to open 11 new specialty retail stores in May, but only in the US. The new information comes by the means of a Facebook event posted earlier this week, as spotted by WinBeta. Here are the new locations and their respective opening days:
- North Point Mall – Alpharetta, GA (May 3).
- The Oaks – Thousand Oaks, CA (May 13).
- Park Place – Tucson, AZ (May 13).
- Jordan Creek Town Center – Des Moines, IA (May 13).
- FlatIron Crossing – Broomfield, CO (May 15).
- North Star Mall – San Antonio, TX (May 15).
- Westroads Mall – Omaha, NE (May 15).
- The Mall in Columbia – Columbia, MD (May 17).
- The Maine Mall – S Portland, ME (May 17).
- Mall of Louisiana – Baton Rouge, LA (May 17).
- Boise Towne Square – Boise, ID (May 17).
The company’s ‘specialty’ stores are smaller Microsoft Store installations that sell a wide array of Microsoft products (Windows Phones, Surfaces, and Xbox consoles), but don’t include everything. If a location proves itself, Microsoft transitions some of its Specialty stores into permanent full-line stores that hold all its products.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
Update on May 19: Some of the above dates are no longer accurate. Microsoft sent four new dates to TNW, as listed below.
- North Star Mall, San Antonio, TX (June 5).
- Mall of Louisiana, Baton Rouge, LA (June 5).
- The Mall in Columbia, Columbia, MD (June 12).
- The Oaks, Thousand Oaks, CA (June 12).
Image Credit: Don Emmert/Getty Images