Microsoft has announced a successful Xbox One launch with over 1 million units sold worldwide in the first 24 hours. That roughly matches Sony’s PlayStation 4, which also topped 1 million in its first day.
Friday’s launch outpaced the launches for the Xbox 360 and the original Xbox. As TechCrunch points out, Microsoft’s numbers include sales in a total of 13 countries, while Sony launched the PS4 in just the US and Canada.
If you’re looking for more Xbox One stats, Microsoft provided the following numbers:
- Over 60 million zombies have been killed in “Dead Rising 3”
- Over 3.6 million miles driven in “Forza Motorsport 5”
- Over 7.1 million combos in “Killer Instinct”
- Over 8.5 million enemies defeated in “Ryse: Son of Rome”
- 43.3 million Fit Points earned in Xbox Fitness
The firm also noted in its release that the Xbox One is sold out at “most retailers.”
Thumbnail credit: Marion Ruszniewski/AFP/Getty Images