Microsoft has announced a successful Xbox One launch with over 1 million units sold worldwide in the first 24 hours. That roughly matches Sony’s PlayStation 4, which also topped 1 million in its first day.
Friday’s launch outpaced the launches for the Xbox 360 and the original Xbox. As TechCrunch points out, Microsoft’s numbers include sales in a total of 13 countries, while Sony launched the PS4 in just the US and Canada.
F**k it, we'll do it live!
Our biggest ever edition of TNW Conference is fast approaching! Join 10,000 tech leaders this May in Amsterdam.
If you’re looking for more Xbox One stats, Microsoft provided the following numbers:
- Over 60 million zombies have been killed in “Dead Rising 3”
- Over 3.6 million miles driven in “Forza Motorsport 5”
- Over 7.1 million combos in “Killer Instinct”
- Over 8.5 million enemies defeated in “Ryse: Son of Rome”
- 43.3 million Fit Points earned in Xbox Fitness
The firm also noted in its release that the Xbox One is sold out at “most retailers.”
Thumbnail credit: Marion Ruszniewski/AFP/Getty Images