Want to try out the latest and greatest thing in media, The Daily, but don’t live in the United States? We have a solution that will allow you to download The Daily, and read it at least as long as it is free, wherever you are.
It all hinges on having a US iTunes account. Once you have the account, you will have the full content privileges of someone who lives in the US. That means you can then snag The Daily without Apple knowing what country you live in. Let’s get to it.
- Fire up iTunes and log out of your current account.
- Open up the iTunes store, and scroll all the way to the bottom. Click on the little round flag symbol at the bottom and then when a menu appears, select the US option.
- Now, don’t just go and open an account. That won’t work. Instead, browse the app store and try to download any free app.
- When prompted to log in or make an account, click to open a new account.
- While filling out your application, on the payment screen select ‘none,’ Apple will sniff you out if you try to use international payment with a US account.
- Complete the application.
- Boom, you can now download free apps.
Run a search for The Daily and enjoy the free two weeks of content!
Be sure and read all of TNW’s coverage of the launch of The Daily from earlier today. If there is something that you want to know about the newspaper, you can learn it from us.