Tinder users have caught the gif bug that the rest of the Web has gorging itself on for some time. But, while most of us are content with using the animated images to sum up how we’re feeling each morning, when it comes to finding a mate, it’s a little more, er… technical.
According to a recent survey released by Tinder these are the top 10 gifs used by daters worldwide – i.e. these are the gifs that people are most likely to respond to – as opposed to fleeing in horror.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
Other tidbits include: the UK is the biggest gif’er(?) in Europe, conversations with gifs in last twice as long as those using just words found in the Oxford English Dictionary and a message with a gif is 30 per cent more likely to receive a response.
In summary, a gif is the digital equivalent of a harpoon-sized arrow from Cupid – and here they are.
- Jimmy Fallon breaking the ice.
2. Kelly Kapowski of Saved by the Bell fame just checking in.
3. Heart-shaped pizza = filthy squeezing.
4. Queen B giving it some hair.
6. Emma Stone being amazed by your awesomeness.
7. Zooey Deschanel + Glasses = we should date.
10. Ryan Gosling helping out all the single fellas out there.
Who said the art of conversation was dead eh?