If you happen to be heading to Munich for 2010 Oktoberfest starting tomorrow (and why wouldn’t you be right?), then boy do we have the app for you. Developed in conjunction with the city government, the new Wiesn iPhone app is a check-in app with a sole purpose – to help you find beer tents, communicate with others that are enjoying a stein, and of course to help you find ATMs so you can keep buying those steins.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
Beyond just the focus of Oktoberfest, the Wiesn App isn’t all that innovative, but that’s really not the point – the point is that it is a dedicated app that is centering its social media experience around check-ins, which in our opinion is the right way to go at this point for any event.
That said, the app developers (Germany based check-in service Daily Places) have obviously put a fair amount of thought into the app including Facebook and Twitter integration – here are all of the features, followed by some more screenshots:
- See ALL the tents, big and small, ALL the rides and ALL cash ATMs at a glance
- Take a look at the public time line to see what is going on at the Wiesn in real time
- Get to know new people and communicate with other Wiesn visitors
- Post your updates and photos from the 2010 Oktoberfest
- Let your friends know where you are and check in at the beer tents and rides
- Check the My News tab to see what your friends are doing and where they are
Note: there is understandably a lot of German in the app’s timeline, just fyi.