There are more than 6 billion hours of videos watched on YouTube each month so it’s certainly a barometer of what may be viral or popular in the mainstream. With that, the Google-owned video site is once again releasing its annual list of the top videos and channels of 2013.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
So what other videos were the most popular of the year? YouTube rounds out the top 10 thusly:
- Harlem Shake
- How Animals Eat Their Food
- Miley Cyrus’s Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version)
- Baby & Me / The New Evian Film
- Volvo Truck — The Epic Split featuring Jean Claude Van Damme
- The Lonely Island’s YOLO featuring Adam Levine and Kendrick Lamar
- Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise
- The NFL: A Bad Lip Reading
- Mozart versus Skillrex: Epic Rap Battles of History, Season 2
There’s certainly no doubt that music videos have become exceptionally popular on YouTube and so the social network company decided to create a separate list for this category. Miley Cyrus not only appears near the top, but has two of her videos featured: Wrecking Ball and We Can’t Stop. Katy Perry’s Roar (Official), and P!nk’s Just Give Me A Reason make up the top five popular ones of 2013.
And as always, here’s the company’s Year in Review video:
Photo credit: LOIC VENANCE/AFP/Getty Images