Search is the big feature in Android’s latest version, a glaring hole in the app until now. Search has really opened up Google+, and the content discovery possibilities on the service are vastly more useful and impressive than that of Facebook and Twitter.
So. Much. Tech.
Some of the biggest names in tech are coming to TNW Conference in Amsterdam this May.
The new search button appears on the top of the Home screen:
Here are some other updates in this 2.2 version of Google+ for Android:
– +1 photos
– +1 comments – Just long-press on a comment!
– See if someone’s online and currently typing in Messenger conversations
– Start Messenger conversations by just entering a phone number
– Higher resolution photo uploads
– Links to posts or profiles now open inside of the app
– Several stability improvements and bug fixes
One of the features that users enjoy on the Android version of Google+ is instant upload of photos, as soon as you take them. This feature was available for videos as well, but was a bit more than buggy. That has been fixed in this release. Just remember that if you take ummm, “personal” photos and you have this feature on, they won’t be so personal anymore.